This category is empty.
A.R.E. DCU's offer an array of options to fit your specific needs. Whether your line of work is construction, maintenance, delivery, or any other job that requires easy access and or high volume. A.R.E. builds a DCU that will make your job easier. DCUs feature STRATTEC® lock cylinders in our folding T-handles on all doors. Options to customize your DCU include: a selection of door sizes and window options, various toolbox configurations and roof ladder racks. A.R.E. will custom-build a DCU to meet your needs.
- Exterior Skin is available in .035 white aluminum. Roof skins are made with mesa-type metal for extra strength. DuPont® base coat/clear coat paint is available to match the truck's color code so that your truck has the look that your business deserves.
- Heights are optional. Standard heights are 20", 23", 26", 29" and 36" and special heights taller than 36" are possible to fit your needs.
- Fossliner® - Polyester fabric inner prevents condensation from collecting on the interior of the roof and or on the sides.
- Roof Racks are optional, and can be upgraded to your specifications with extra supports, or different lengths. Customized locking ladder racks are available.
- Side Doors feature our folding T-handle, which utilizes an automotive style lock for additional security.
- Tool Boxes are offered and can be designed with dividers to fit your needs. Fold down shelves can be added to the toolbox to assist in working from the side of the truck.
- Rear Door options include a ½ rear lift door, double full doors, a single full door and a full hatch door. Rear doors and side doors are keyed alike for convenience.
- Windows are optional on the front, sides and rear for visibility.
The warranty on A.R.E. DCU caps is 3 years on materials and workmanship. A.R.E. backs what we build so you can be confident that you made the right choice. Strattec® lock cylinders are warranted for 3 years and Suspa® gas props are warranted for 5 years by the manufacturers.
A.R.E. Commercial Cap Features of Quality and Construction
- Height: A.R.E. has four standard heights yet will build caps to meet your specific capacity needs.
- Rear Doors: A.R.E. offers four door styles to meet your rear access needs.
- Side tool Bins: Tool bins are made of .036 galvanized steel with a baked white topcoat. The bins can be custom sized and include dividers and fold-down shelves.
- Roof Racks: A.R.E. offers two different racks to meet your specific hauling needs. Extra cross bar supports are avialable.
- Vapor Barrier Insulation: Optional acrylic fabric liner provides protection from condensation.
- Baserails: .080 thick T6 aluminum Baserails with MIG welded corners provide a strong foundation.
- Structural Tubing: .050 thick T6 aluminum tubing framework with TIG welded joints, provides strength and support with a minimal weight.
- Exterior Skin: Heavy duty .035" thick aluminum exterior skin provides a superior structure.
- Door Frames: A.R.E. builds all styles of doors with the same .050 thick wall tubing used in the body frame. All TIG welded joints and continuous hinges assure alignment and durability.
- Body Colors: A.R.E. offers the DCU in White or YZ Ford White standard. This color is a baked enamel finish applied to the aluminum skin at the mill. The color is not meant to provide a match to an OEM truck paint, but is intended to accent the truck's appearance without the cost of custom painting.
- Custom DuPont® Paint Finishes: Optional two-stage Chroma Premier® paint is offered in any OEM or Fleet color code formula. Applied in down draft booths and baked on for durability.
- Trims: Edge trims are offered in Black or White.
- Gas Props: The gas props are set to the optimal pressure to assist in lifting and closing each cap door.
- Latches and Locks: All doors are equipped with Strattec OEM automotive grade lock cylinders. The folding T-grip latch handle is durable and offers toop security. The cam action deadbolt lock rods with the center point lock provide lifelong trouble free operation. All latches and locks have 500 hours non-corrosive finish.
- Windows: A.R.E. offers radius dark tinted tempered safety glass in all doors. Optional heavy aluminum mesh security screens deter unwanted entry.
A.R.E. offers the following standard exterior colors: